- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk (about)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs, milk, and vanilla and beat with a hand whisk until color is uniform.
- Add flour mixture and whisk until smooth.
- More milk may be necessary to thin the batter, especially if it sits for more than a few minutes.
- Heat a nonstick fry pan or griddle over medium heat and drop batter by 1/4-cupfuls onto pan.
- Turn when bubbles cover the surface and bottom is golden brown.
- Remove from pan when golden on both sides.