Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Recipe from a friend. I believe she got it from kraftfoods.com.
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) packagejello vanilla flavor instant pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 3 granny smith apples, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon water
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat first 6 ingredients and 1/2 cup sour cream in a large bowl with mixer until well blended.
- Stir in apples; pour into greased and floured 12 cup fluted tube pan or 10 inch tube pan.
- Bake one hour or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes; loosen cake from side of pan with knife.
- Invert cake onto wire rack; gently remove pan,.
- Cool cake completely.
- Whisk powdered sugar, remaining sour cream and water until well blended; drizzle over cake.
- Let stand until glaze is firm.
- Store in refrigerator.