Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is my mother-in-laws twist on the weight watchers taco soup recipe. It is absolutely delicious and well worth making!!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 (16 ounce) cans chili beans, undrained
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole kernel corn, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 (1 ounce) packageranch style salad dressing mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- Cook the beef and drain off the grease. Combine all ingredients in a Crock Pot and Let cook on high for 3 hours. We subsitute 2 of the cans of Chili Beans for other beans such as Red Kidney beans or Garbanzo beans to add a different flavor. This recipe yields 3 1/2 quarts and can be frozen for up to 3 months. If you are on weight watchers the serving size is 1 cup and it is 3 points each. Enjoy!
Just the right amount of spicey and delicious. We didn't add the ranch dressing mix out of personal perference. Made for PAC Spring 2011.