Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Got this recipe from a co-worker. I do not know where she got it, but these bars are always a hit wherever I take them.
- Mix first 6 ingredients.
- Reserve 1 1/2 cups.
- Spread rest in 13 x 9 pan.
- Melt chips, shortening, condensed milk together.
- Mix well.
- Pour over crust.
- Sprinkle remaining 1 1/2 cups of crumbs on top of chocolate mixture.
- Sprinkle candies over the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
These are very good. Since the instructions left out what to do with the reserve oatmeal this is how I did it. I LIGHTLY pressed the first layer with the palm of my hand, pour the liquid over then crumbled thr reserved oatmeal evenly over top, then sprinkled the M&M's then lightly pressed again and baked. Next time I make this I am going to chop up some honey roasted peanuts in place of the pecans. My friends also thought these were very good. Edited to add - I see the recipe has been edited to show what to do with the reserved crumbs.