Recipe by Kahri Lynn
Wonderful Chicken Pot Pie recipe. Brought to my family, when I was sick by a friend. She used leaf cookie cutters for the biscuits and they looked so pretty on top!
Top Review by sparkle_eyes
Made for Freezer Tag 2008. This recipe was just okay to me. It wasn't bad, but I feel like something is missing. I forgot to get fresh parsley so I used some dried and dried rosemary. I think I would have liked it better if the sauce was more flavorful. I tend to like food that has a pretty strong flavor/spices, so if you enjoy less flavors this might be a great recipe for you. The combination of vegetable and chicken is really good! This froze well. I made as directed through step 8 and then froze. When I wanted to serve, I let it defrost in the refrigerator for about 7 hours. It was still quite frozen and took a long time to bake--I took it out after 40 minutes, but it really wasn't quite hot enough. If I had remembered to take it out earlier, I think it would have been fine and taken 20-30 minutes to bake.
- 4 cups cooked chicken
- 4 cups chicken stock (I just use the water I boiled the chicken in)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 1 cup green beans
- 1 cup peas
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup water
- biscuit dough
Directions See How It's Made
- Put stock in large pot, with parsley, onion, celery, potato, carrots and beans.
- Cook until tender.
- Add peas.
- Blend flour with water; add to pot stirring until broth thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Add meat to pot; turn off heat.
- Meat will warm while you make biscuits.
- Put chicken mixture in a casserole pan.
- Top with biscuits.
- Bake at 450 for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 and continue to bake until biscuits are done.
- (again I just sort of toss the works into the oven and cook on whatever temperature I feel like using until biscuits are done. This recipe is very forgiving.).