Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
While my kids really love pizza, they're all very picky about their toppings and it seems like they each want something different. That's why I love these Pita Pizza Pockets - they're super easy to make, the kids enjoy helping to make their own, and everybody gets exactly what they want in them. I cut the pitas in half, cooked the sausage and assembled the other ingredients on the table in advance then called the kids in to let them help put their own pizza pockets together before I popped them in the oven. They only take a few minutes and the kids had a blast helping make their own dinner.
- 4 pita bread
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce or 1 cup marinara sauce or 1 cup pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (12 ounce) package pepperoni
- 1 lb Italian sausage
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook and crumble Italian sausage.
- Cut pita rounds in half, split them open and spread sauce inside.
- Fill pita pockets with 1/4 cup of cheese and other fillings of choice. We made ours with some pepperoni, some sausage and some a combination of the two.
- Place on a cookie sheet and bake at 350°F for 10 minutes or until cheese has completely melted.