mumcat2 #2's Note:
These seem a bit fiddly to make, but well worth the effort. They come out crisp and short - irrestible really. Good as a starter or accompaniment to curry.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 ounces plain flour
- 3 ounces gram flour
- 2 ounces ghee (pared off the block in flakes, for preference)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- warm water
- 1Sift flours and salt into a mixing bowl.
- 2Add ghee and rub in until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- 3Add warm water and mix to stiff but pliable dough.
- 4Add ½ tsp oil to a plastic bag, and refrigerate pastry for at least 30 minutes (but note below!) Remove from fridge at least one hour before using (following day is best), and knead until pliable again.
- 5Divide into eight.
- 6Roll each piece out and cut out a 7 circle, using a bowl as a guide.
- 7Divide each circle into 2 semicircles.
- 8Separate with kitchen roll if not using immediately.
- 9Heat 3 tbsp of oil.
- 10Fry the ginger and chillies for a few seconds, and then add the garam masala, the cumin and the coriander.
- 11Fry gently for 1 minute, then add the potatoes and sweet corn.
- 12Finally add the cooked salmon, and warm through.
- 13Allow the mixture to cool slightly,.
- 14To make the samosas.
- 15Fold each of the semi circles into 3 triangles, and make an ice-cream cone shape.
- 16Into the pouch formed, add a good spoonful of the salmon mixture, pinching all the edges together to seal them.
- 17When all eight have been made, heat about ½ inch of oil in a frying pan, and when hot add the samosas, four at a time, to the oil, and fry on both sides until browned and crispy.
- 18Serve immediately, or allow to cool.
- 19Re-heat in a hot oven (200C) for 15 minutes.
- 20Can be frozen; re-heat for 25 minutes from frozen.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Deni's Delicious Salmon and Sweetcorn Samosas
Serving Size: 1 (1166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 271.6
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 25.6 mg
- Sodium 181.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 9.4 g