Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Actually an excellent drink to de-stress and feel pepped up--beating nausea was just another benefit ;-)
- Bring water to boil with crushed ginger in it.
- Let it simmer for 5-7 minutes on medium heat.
- Strain and pour in the cup/mug, add tea bag and stir honey.
- You can add a dash of milk if you want.
- It is very good to sip anyway.
WOW. 4 pregnancies have left me very familiar with the effectiveness of ginger against nausea but I'd never thought to pair it with tea before. I didn't think the ginger would go through the garlic press so I put it into a sandwich bag and pulverized it with a meat hammer. Then I made it in the coffeepot with plenty of black tea. The family liked it so much that they immediately demanded a second pot -- made even stronger.
My little girl had a tummy ache for a few days and this seemed to soothe her. Whatever makes them happy and comfortable when they are sick makes me a happy mom! Thank you very much.
Great tea. Used a green tea and orange tea bag and omitted the honey. Absolutely sensation - I will drink this instead of coffee from now on.