Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
My friend Dena brought this over for a dinner party, and it was excellent. She said it's her copycat version of New Frontier's overpriced kale salad.
- 1 head kale, any variety, stemmed and chopped
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup currants
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds, raw
- 1⁄4 cup pumpkin seeds, raw
- 1 lemon, divided
- olive oil
- 2 -3 teaspoons olive oil, to taste
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup (or more, to taste)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- In large serving bowl, add the kale, juice of one half of a lemon, a drizzle of oil and a little kosher salt.
- Massage until the kale starts to soften and wilt, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the currants, carrots, sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds and anything else you want to put on it.
- Prepare the dressing by combining the 2-3 t. olive oil, agave syrup, lime juice, 1 T. lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Whisk together until emulsified.
- Pour over the salad.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Really refreshing salad and a great way to consume more kale!