Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
NOT FOR THE FAINT OF TASTEBUDS! This recipe is one of the few good things that came out of a very bad relationship, and I make it much better than he ever did. If you do not like HOT dip, avoid this! It can be toned down by substituting medium or mild picante sauce and less Tabasco. Also, it's a good idea to keep tissues on hand, because this will definitely open up the sinuses.
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili (with or without beans, as you prefer)
- 1 (8 ounce) jarhot picante sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can jalapeno cheddar cheese dip (found on the chip aisle with the chips)
- Tabasco sauce, to taste. (For the TRULY brave, a few drops of Dave's Insanity Sauce REALLY kicks it up)
- Mix all ingredients together in a saucepan and heat until hot.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
- For some extra excitement, serve over hot dogs (in manner of chili dogs) to make Devil Dogs (or, depending on how hot the dip is, Hell Hounds).
Well, this sure satisfied my craving for something spicy and a little "junk foody" on a rainy and unseasonably cold Saturday night. My husband and I like to breathe fire, so I made it pretty darn hot. I used Hormel chili with beans ('cause I love beans) and plenty of habanero Tabasco, and we ate it with Fritos Scoops (my husband's favorite). Thanks for sharing--it's always nice when something good comes out of something bad. ;)