Recipe by Chef Joey Z.
When I lived up in Canada and visited Toronto I used to love to go to a restaurant named Two Small Rooms and eat a similar avocado dish. It was light and always so satisfying.
- 2 fresh avocados (make sure they are ripe but firm)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 4 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and black pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper. Mix well to combine. Refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Halve the avocados length ways. Slice them all the way round and then holding both halves (one in each hand) twist in opposite directions, one half will come away cleanly. Remove the pit by using either a spoon or by sticking a sharp knife into the pit and twisting it out.
- Using two plates, Put two of the avocado halves on each dish and fill the center of each avocado with some vinaigrette.
- Serve with a nice salad and a glass of dry white wine.
- Bon Appetit!