Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
This comes from my sister Terry, and was published in the church cookbook for the Molalla Christian Church, here in Oregon. Prep time includes chilling.
- 1 head green lettuce
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 2 avocados, chopped
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup crouton
- In a large serving bowl, toss together half of all the ingredients except for the Parmesan and croutons; sprinkle half of the Parmesan over the top.
- Layer the remaining ingredients over: lettuce, tomato, avocado, cheddar, Mozzarella, remaining Parmesan, then sprinkle the croutons over the top.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes, then serve with your favorite dressing (Bersteins is a good brand).
Excellent salad! Simple to put together and it makes a wonderful presentation in a glass bowl. I used chunked up cucumber instead of avocado since I am the only one who likes avocado. I think it would be awesome with the avocado. I used green leaf lettuce. We used whatever dressings we had in the fridge. This salad would also be great to bring to a potluck ~ it makes a large salad. Thanks for posting a new salad to add to my cookbook!