I received a packet of dried beans from a friend, and decided to make a bean salad with them. This recipe is what evolved from my moment of creativity. I use a combination of chickpeas, cannelini and green beans, adding sun dried tomatoes, and artichoke hearts to the mix. The flavors really work well together and my DH declared this recipe to be a winner. I hope you do too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups fresh green beans, snaped into 1 ",pieces
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomato, oil packed,chopped
- 1/2 cup marinated artichoke hearts, cut in half
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup Italian dressing, your favorite
- 1/2 cup feta cheese (optional)
- 1In gently boiling water, cook the green beans for about 4-5 minutes, just until tender crisp.
- 2Do not over cook.
- 3Combine the salad ingredients in a bowl, cover, and allow to sit in the refrigerator overnight to absorb all the flavors.
Browse Our Top Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Deluxe Three Bean Salad
Serving Size: 1 (70 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 85.2
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 389.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 1.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: