Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I received a packet of dried beans from a friend, and decided to make a bean salad with them. This recipe is what evolved from my moment of creativity. I use a combination of chickpeas, cannelini and green beans, adding sun dried tomatoes, and artichoke hearts to the mix. The flavors really work well together and my DH declared this recipe to be a winner. I hope you do too.
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups fresh green beans, snaped into 1 ",pieces
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato, oil packed,chopped
- 1⁄2 cup marinated artichoke hearts, cut in half
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup Italian dressing, your favorite
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese (optional)
- In gently boiling water, cook the green beans for about 4-5 minutes, just until tender crisp.
- Do not over cook.
- Combine the salad ingredients in a bowl, cover, and allow to sit in the refrigerator overnight to absorb all the flavors.