Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a great 'treat' recipe I developed for a Valentine's Day Dinner. It's very rich and delicious, so should be reserved for special occasions!
- 6 large russet potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 4 slices good quality bacon (I get thick sliced from butcher)
- hy seasoning salt (liberal sprinkling)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake potatoes wrapped in foil until tender (about one hour).
- Meanwhile fry bacon until crispy, crumble.
- Reserve grease.
- In large bowl add bacon grease (optional).
- Add Cheddar, Sour Cream, Butter, Green Onion and Crispy bacon pieces to bowl.
- Remove potatoes and when cool enough to handle cut in half and scoop out flesh into bowl.
- (Flesh should still be warm so ingredients will melt).
- Save skins for stuffing!
- Mash potato and ingredients.
- Stuff skins (will make about 4 jumbo halves).
- Bake at 400 degrees until browned (about 10 minutes).
These are great stuffed potatoes. Thanks Emilyrae :) Made for Cookbook tag game
Yum, loved them as a side to our chicken mignon for dinner, will make again, thanks!
These potatoes were wonderful! The key to the taste of them was the bacon grease. I felt that the measurements of the sour cream, butter and shredded cheese wasn't enough so I used alittle more and also topped the potato with more cheese. They turned out great. Thanks for sharing the recipe!