Recipe by weekend cooker
great for get togethers or for Potluck
Top Review by Annacia
OK, first, this makes one big cake! If your having a bunch over this make this. Everyone will love it (or should love it). It's not difficult to make and eveyones eyes will pop when you present it. The only tough thing about this is trying to find room in the fridge for it! It tastes wonderful and makes you look like a pro. Whats not to love?
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) carton frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 3 cups chopped fresh strawberries
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine first 6 ingredients, and beat on low for 30 seconds.
- Switch to medium speed, and beat for 2 minutes.
- Pour into two floured ,and greased 9 inch round baking pans.
- Bake 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes, then remove from pans to wire racks to completely cool.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, and sugar until smooth.
- Fold in whipped topping,
- Place one cake on a serving plate, and top with half of the cream cheese mixture and strawberries.
- Repeat with other 9 inch cake.
- Store in refrigerator.