Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
For this cake I used inspiration from a couple of popular cakes- Jello Poke Cake and Strawberry Margarita Cake. The end result is an absolutely delicious, lush dessert! I brought this cake to work and it instantly disappeared! For a non-alcoholic version you can sub the Tequila with Water.
- 510.29 g white cake mix
- 236.59 ml strawberry margarita mix (I used TGI Fridays)
- 59.14 ml tequila
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 3 egg whites
- 85.04 g package strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 236.59 ml boiling water
- 118.29 ml cold water
- 118.29 ml tequila (extra)
- 453.59 g Cool Whip
- 29.58 ml lime rind
- strawberries & lime (to garnish, sliced)
- pink sugar crystals (to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour 9x13 cake pan (or two 9x9 pans).
- Combine white cake mix, strawberry margarita mix, tequila, vegetable oil and egg whites in large mixing bowl.
- Mix until well combined.
- Pour into pan.
- Place in preheated oven for approximately 30 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
- With a fork, poke wholes generously all over top of cake.
- In a saucepan, boil 1 cup of water.
- Add Strawberry Jello and stir for 2 minutes or as directed on package.
- Add 1/2 cup of Cold water and 1/2 cup of Tequila to Jello and combine.
- Pour carefully over cake and allow to soak into holes.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Mix 2 tbsp of lime rind in with cool whip.
- Frost cake.
- Garnish with Pink Sugar Crystals, Lime Slices and Strawberry Slices
- Serve and enjoy!