30 hrs 10 mins
For this cake I used inspiration from a couple of popular cakes- Jello Poke Cake and Strawberry Margarita Cake. The end result is an absolutely delicious, lush dessert! I brought this cake to work and it instantly disappeared! For a non-alcoholic version you can sub the Tequila with Water.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) white cake mix
- 1 cup strawberry margarita mix (I used TGI Fridays)
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 egg whites
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup tequila (extra)
- 16 ounces Cool Whip
- 2 tablespoons lime rind
- strawberries & lime (to garnish, sliced)
- pink sugar crystals (to garnish)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Grease and flour 9x13 cake pan (or two 9x9 pans).
- 3Combine white cake mix, strawberry margarita mix, tequila, vegetable oil and egg whites in large mixing bowl.
- 4Mix until well combined.
- 5Pour into pan.
- 6Place in preheated oven for approximately 30 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- 7Cool completely.
- 8With a fork, poke wholes generously all over top of cake.
- 9In a saucepan, boil 1 cup of water.
- 10Add Strawberry Jello and stir for 2 minutes or as directed on package.
- 11Add 1/2 cup of Cold water and 1/2 cup of Tequila to Jello and combine.
- 12Pour carefully over cake and allow to soak into holes.
- 13Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- 14Mix 2 tbsp of lime rind in with cool whip.
- 15Frost cake.
- 16Garnish with Pink Sugar Crystals, Lime Slices and Strawberry Slices
- 17Serve and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Gelatin Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Deluxe Strawberry Margarita Cake
Serving Size: 1 (54 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 32
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 132.7
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 128.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 14.3 g
- Protein 1.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
strawberry margarita mix