Recipe by Beth A.
Defintely not for those watching their calories, but oh so good! This lends itself to tweaking to meet personal preferences, but this is our favorite combo. Serve this up with a nice Italian salad, garlic bread and maybe a glass of your favorite red wine... :) Hope you all enjoy this as well.
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons italian seasoning (recommended Italian Blend Spice Mix)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 ounces sliced black olives (optional)
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 1⁄2 lb mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 lb cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute bacon in skillet. Add onion and ground beef. Cook until meat is brown and onion is soft.
- Stir in tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, salt, Italian seasonings, garlic, mushrooms, and black olives (if using). Cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook spaghetti in a large pot of boiling, salted water until tender but still firm to the bite.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 3-quart casserole.
- Drain pasta, and add to sauce. Toss to combine.
- Spoon half of spaghetti mixture into prepared pan. Combine mozzarella and cheddar cheese. Sprinkle half over spaghetti mixture. Top with remaining spaghetti, then remaining cheese.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until heated through and bubbly.