Had this tonight it was so good I just had to share. It is based on Rachael Ray's Salmon Cakes with modifications by me.
- vegetable oil or canola oil, for frying about 1/4 inch
- 2 (6 ounce) portions salmon, cooked drained well or 2 (6 ounce) cans canned salmon, drained well
- 1 cup whole wheat crackers, salted crushed
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 pinch ground cardamom
- 1 pinch mustard powder
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pinch mace
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 roasted red peppers or 1⁄2 pickled pimiento, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried chives (fresh would be better)
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill, a handful, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper sauce
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- salad greens
- coarse salt
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise or 1⁄2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup chili sauce, mixed with cooked corn and apples
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1⁄2 kosher dill, chopped
- Rinse and spin salad greens of your choice and place in salad bowl.
- Drain salmon and fluff with a fork in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add crackers and mix well.
- Add the rest of the ingredients up until and including cayenne pepper sauce.
- Zest lemon into bowl and mix well and form into 1 inch thick patties.
- Heat oil on a medium-high burner.
- Mix mayonnaise, chili sauce, corn, apple, ketchup, and dill in a bowl.
- Toss coarse salt with salad greens; drizzle with lemon juice and toss again. Drizzle with olive oil and divide on plates.
- Fry salmon burgers until golden brown. Flip and brown other side; drain briefly on a paper towel.
- Place burgers on top of salad greens and dollop mayonnaise sauce on top of burgers.
- Makes about 7 burgers.