1/3 Photos of Deluxe Salmon Burger
Had this tonight it was so good I just had to share. It is based on Rachael Ray's Salmon Cakes with modifications by me.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- vegetable oil or canola oil, for frying about 1/4 inch
- 2 (6 ounce) portions salmon, cooked drained well or 2 (6 ounce) cans canned salmon, drained well
- 1 cup whole wheat crackers, salted crushed
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 pinch ground cardamom
- 1 pinch mustard powder
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pinch mace
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 roasted red peppers or 1/2 pickled pimiento, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried chives (fresh would be better)
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill, a handful, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper sauce
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- salad greens
- coarse salt
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise or 1/2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chili sauce, mixed with cooked corn and apples
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/2 kosher dill, chopped
- 1Rinse and spin salad greens of your choice and place in salad bowl.
- 2Drain salmon and fluff with a fork in a medium mixing bowl.
- 3Add crackers and mix well.
- 4Add the rest of the ingredients up until and including cayenne pepper sauce.
- 5Zest lemon into bowl and mix well and form into 1 inch thick patties.
- 6Heat oil on a medium-high burner.
- 7Mix mayonnaise, chili sauce, corn, apple, ketchup, and dill in a bowl.
- 8Toss coarse salt with salad greens; drizzle with lemon juice and toss again. Drizzle with olive oil and divide on plates.
- 9Fry salmon burgers until golden brown. Flip and brown other side; drain briefly on a paper towel.
- 10Place burgers on top of salad greens and dollop mayonnaise sauce on top of burgers.
- 11Makes about 7 burgers.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Deluxe Salmon Burger
Serving Size: 1 (165 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 358.4
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 139.7 mg
- Sodium 989.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 23.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
roasted red peppers