Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This comes from my Easy Gourmet cookbook. I have not tried it yet. If you try it, I hope you enjoy it.
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, slivered and blanched
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 2⁄3 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 2⁄3 cups quick-cooking rice
- In a large saucepan saute almonds in the butter until golden brown.
- Add the water, cranberries and salt.
- Bring to a boil.
- Stir in the rice, remove from the heat and let stand, covered for 5 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork and serve.
Delicious and looks very elegant!! I sauted the almonds and added them with the cranberries when the rice was almost cooked as I was using Basmati rice (which is long-grain rice). Thanks Bobtail!
This dish is elegant, easy and delicious! I used wild rice and sauteed the rice a little before adding the water. Thanks Bobtail, this is a true 5 star recipe, and I don't hand those out easily!