Prep 10 mins
Cook 53 mins
I love this pie, it sets up beautifully when baked, I baked mine in an 11 x 7-inch baking pan with a graham cracker crust, and that worked out really well. If you like more spice then increase the spices slightly, increase the rum also to taste.
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked deep dish pie shells (can use a 10-inch pie shell also)
- 2 cups canned pumpkin puree
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice or 1⁄2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream (unwhipped)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 3 -4 tablespoons rum
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Set oven to 400 degrees.
- Prebake the pie crust for 8 minutes, with the edges covered with foil.
- In a bowl, whisk together all ingredients, and pour into prebaked pie shell.
- Bake for 45 minutes (the center should be a little wobbly, but set.).
- Let cool to room temperature, then refrigerate for 4 or more hours (overnight is good).
- Serve with whipped cream.
- Cover and refrigerate any leftovers.