Recipe by michEgan
A creamy potato dish sure to please your family. Excellent at potlucks too! If you want to dress it up. Add cruched corn flakes with melted butter on top the last 30 minutes of baking.
Top Review by Marsha D.
Wonderful,delicious casserole, michEgan! We loved it! Since it was just the two of us here at home, I halved the recipe. Loved the flavor from the soups.It sure was nice and creamy too. YUM! I did add alittle minced garlic to the mixture along with the garlic powder, as we love garlic in most everything. This will be made many times in the future! Thanks so much for sharing your recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 packages hash browns
- 1 cup sour cream
- 14 ounces cheddar cheese
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to your taste