Recipe by Bluemaggs
A meal in itself
Top Review by Sharon123
This was very good! I did have to make a few changes. I put the beans and all into a pot to cook, then discovered I had to leave suddenly. So I put it all into a crockpot and cooked it about 8 hours. Yum! Thank you for a lovely meal. I served this with Cheese Spinach Quesadillas and The Best Guacamole.
- 709.77 ml pinto beans, uncooked
- 1419.54 ml water
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 14.79 ml bell pepper, chopped
- 473.18 ml tomatoes or 473.18 ml tomato puree
- 14.79 ml honey
- 7.39 ml salt
- 2.46 ml oregano
- 2.46 ml sweet basil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 garlic clove
- 2.46 ml cumin
- 566.99 g can veggie burgers (we use Worthington Vegetarian Burger)
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and sort beans. Place in 4 quart kettle and add very hot water. Let stand for two hours or more. Drain off water and add hot water again, enough to cover beans.
- Add tomatoes, onions, bell pepper and seasonings. Bring to boil, then turn heat to lowest setting and cook about 2 hours or until beans are tender.
- Add Vegetarian Burger and cook until heated through.