Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This sounds simple and good.
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon powder
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1⁄2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup celery, sliced diagonally
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 (350 g) package frozen peas
- 3⁄4 cup water chestnut, sliced
- 2 tablespoons pimentos or 2 tablespoons red peppers, chopped
- In a large skillet on medium heat, melt butter or margarine; stir in chicken bouillon powder, water, mushrooms, celery, and seasonings; cook for about 6 minutes, or until vegetables are almost tender.
- Stir in peas; cook, covered, for 2 minutes.
- Add water chestnuts and pimento, if using.
- Cook for about 1 minute or until heated through; stir occasionally.
This made a great side for yesterday's Thanksgiving dinner. We really enjoyed the additional seasonings that made common peas special. Excellent :D