Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A big way to spice up peas! I like them with a nice steak off the BBQ! From "Breast Wishes" http://www.breastfriends.ca/
- 14.79 ml butter or 14.79 ml margarine
- 4.92 ml chicken bouillon
- 29.58 ml water
- 118.29 ml mixed mushrooms, sliced
- 236.59 ml celery, sliced diagonally
- 2.46 ml dill (dried)
- 1.23 ml curry powder
- 473.18 ml peas
- 177.44 ml water chestnut, sliced
- 29.58 ml red bell peppers, chopped
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter then stir in bouillon powder, water, mushrooms, celery, dill and curry. Cook for about 6 minutes or until veggies are almost tender.
- Stir in peas - cook uncovered for 2 minutes, then add water chestnuts and pepper, stirring occasionally for about 1 minute or until heated through.
- Serve immediately!
Yum! Whoever thought plain old peas could taste so good! I thought dill and curry was an unusual combination, but they really combine well. The texture was excellent! I did add the red pepper with the onion, etc. early on, because I like it cooked well. I also used chicken base in place of the bouillon. I wasn't sure if the peas were frozen, canned, etc., so I used a 12 oz. bag of steamable frozen peas that I steamed first. Other than that, I made this exactly as posted. Thanks for sharing. Made for Spring PAC 2011.
What a great way to serve peas! I liked the change from the usual & found these crunchy and flavorful. I used chicken broth instead of boullion, but followed the recipe otherwise. Served with Baked Whole Onions and Grilled Halibut With Lebanese Spice Rub for ZWT6. Thank you for sharing the recipe! :-)