Recipe by chiclet
Release your inner child!! Or feed your actual child. This is a super sandwich for adults and kids alike, and makes a healthy breakfast, lunch, or snack. I modified this from a slightly more ridiculous recipe in Vegetarian Times. I use a George Foreman Grill, but if you don't have one you can just butter the outsides of the bread and make it in a frying pan.
Top Review by AprilShowers
This was a nice simple dinner for us the other night. I really liked it, although my boys weren't especially fond of it. I left the apple out because I was too lazy to peel and slice it (and I knew my boys wouldn't go for apple on their sandwich.) But it was a tasty little upgrade to your typical PB & Honey sandwich!
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 tablespoon crunchy natural-style peanut butter (non-natural and smooth PB are probably OK too)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1⁄2 crispy apple, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the peanut butter and honey together, and spread on one slice of bread.
- Sprinkle raisins over peanut butter, layer apple slices on top and sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar.
- Toast in George Foreman grill, panini grill or frying pan until the bread is toasty and the peanut butter is a little gooey.