Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Release your inner child!! Or feed your actual child. This is a super sandwich for adults and kids alike, and makes a healthy breakfast, lunch, or snack. I modified this from a slightly more ridiculous recipe in Vegetarian Times. I use a George Foreman Grill, but if you don't have one you can just butter the outsides of the bread and make it in a frying pan.
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 tablespoon crunchy natural-style peanut butter (non-natural and smooth PB are probably OK too)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1⁄2 crispy apple, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon sugar
- Mix the peanut butter and honey together, and spread on one slice of bread.
- Sprinkle raisins over peanut butter, layer apple slices on top and sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar.
- Toast in George Foreman grill, panini grill or frying pan until the bread is toasty and the peanut butter is a little gooey.
This was a nice simple dinner for us the other night. I really liked it, although my boys weren't especially fond of it. I left the apple out because I was too lazy to peel and slice it (and I knew my boys wouldn't go for apple on their sandwich.) But it was a tasty little upgrade to your typical PB & Honey sandwich!
Yum! I kind of had to change things around based on what I had available: I used a sliced banana & skipped the raisins. I toasted the bread lightly & just drizzled a little honey over the PB. I then baked it at 350 to heat it up. A great late lunch!
Yumser! Divine. Just made them for the family on a snow day. Delightful, healthy and easy. Thanks!