This recipe comes from Southern Living's "Our Best Five-Star Recipes". Just add a side salad and some great bread and you've got an easy meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 ounce) package elbow macaroni
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1 cup cooked ham, diced
- 3 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1Cook macaroni according to package directions and drain well.
- 2Place macaroni, cheddar cheese, cottage cheese, ham, onion, salt, pepper, sour cream and egg in a large bowl; stir gently to combine. Spoon into a lightly greased 2 quart casserole dish.
- 3Combine soft breadcrumbs, melted butter, and paprika in a small bowl, stirring well.
- 4Sprinkle breadcrumb mixture diagonally across top of casserole, forming stripes.
- 5Bake uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes or until topping is golden. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Deluxe Macaroni and Cheese With Ham
Serving Size: 1 (236 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 589.3
- Calories from Fat 301
- Total Fat 33.5 g
- Saturated Fat 19.4 g
- Cholesterol 134.3 mg
- Sodium 742.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 32.4 g