Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe comes from Southern Living's "Our Best Five-Star Recipes". Just add a side salad and some great bread and you've got an easy meal.
- 1 (8 ounce) package elbow macaroni
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1 cup cooked ham, diced
- 3 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- Cook macaroni according to package directions and drain well.
- Place macaroni, cheddar cheese, cottage cheese, ham, onion, salt, pepper, sour cream and egg in a large bowl; stir gently to combine. Spoon into a lightly greased 2 quart casserole dish.
- Combine soft breadcrumbs, melted butter, and paprika in a small bowl, stirring well.
- Sprinkle breadcrumb mixture diagonally across top of casserole, forming stripes.
- Bake uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes or until topping is golden. Garnish with parsley, if desired.