Prep 0 mins
Cook 50 mins
- 2 cups small curd cottage cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- garlic, salt and pepper --
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (7 ounce) package elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- to taste paprika (optional)
- to taste buttered bread crumb
- In a large bowl, combine the cottage cheese, sour cream, egg, salt, garlic salt and pepper.
- Add cheddar cheese; mix well.
- Add macaroni and stir until coated.
- Transfer to a greased 2 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Top with bread crumbs.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with paprika if desired.
one of my kids favorite mac & cheese recipe (except for the orange stuff in the box!) So this is a good compromise for us!
Ok for a pot luck, but kind of lacking flavor for me. I would add more actual cheese and decrease the amount of cottage cheese (it seemed a bit much).
This was sooooo easy to put together and sooooo good. My husband and I both loved it. He said it was the best Mac & Cheese recipe I've found yet. My 7yr. old wasn't as crazy about it though. I'm thinking between the sharp cheddar & the sour cream, that it might have been a little to rich for her tastes.