Recipe by Audrey M
This macaroni and cheese is packed full of flavor.
Top Review by brian48195
This was excellent. I made it for a no meat, lent Friday so I ommitted the ham. I used american cheese and did not use sour cream as I had made a similar one and the sour cream made it too sour for the kids. I look forward to making it with the ham next time. Thanks for an excellent recipe!
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 cup diced cooked ham
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1 large egg, lightly beated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook elbow macaroni accroding to package directions; drain wll and set aside.
- Place macaroni and next 8 ingredients in a large bowl, stir gently to combine.
- Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 2 quart baking dish.
- Combine breadcrumbs, melted butter, and parika in a small bowl, stirring well.
- Sprinkle breadcrumb mixture diagonally actoss top of casserole, making stripes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes or until golden brown.