Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Simple and hearty, we vary the veggies by whatever we've got in the fridge.
Make and share this Deluxe Mac N Cheese With Veggies recipe from Food.com.
- 453.59 g macaroni noodles, cooked and drained
- 473.18 ml cheddar cheese
- 44.37-59.16 ml butter
- 59.14 ml flour
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 118.29 ml blanched broccoli
- 118.29 ml blanched cauliflower or 118.29 ml carrot, bite sized
- 4.92 ml dried mustard
- 473.18 ml milk
- sea salt, to taste
- black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in large saute pan. Add onion, garlic, and a small pinch of sea salt. Saute for 3-4 minutes until onion is translucent.
- Add flour and dried mustard, stir until coated.
- Add milk. Whisk until flour is blended into the milk.
- Add cheese. Keep whisking until cheese is melted. Season to taste.
- Place macaroni in 13x9 inch glass baking pan.
- Pour cheese sauce over macaroni and mix gently.
- Add veggies and stir gently till evenly coated.
- Sprinkle with paprika and/or bread crumbs if desired.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until bubbling.