Chef #1118360's Note:
Simple and hearty, we vary the veggies by whatever we've got in the fridge.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb macaroni noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 3 -4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1/2 cup blanched broccoli
- 1/2 cup blanched cauliflower or 1/2 cup carrot, bite sized
- 1 teaspoon dried mustard
- 2 cups milk
- sea salt, to taste
- black pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Melt butter in large saute pan. Add onion, garlic, and a small pinch of sea salt. Saute for 3-4 minutes until onion is translucent.
- 3Add flour and dried mustard, stir until coated.
- 4Add milk. Whisk until flour is blended into the milk.
- 5Add cheese. Keep whisking until cheese is melted. Season to taste.
- 6Place macaroni in 13x9 inch glass baking pan.
- 7Pour cheese sauce over macaroni and mix gently.
- 8Add veggies and stir gently till evenly coated.
- 9Sprinkle with paprika and/or bread crumbs if desired.
- 10Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until bubbling.
Browse Our Top Macaroni And Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Macaroni And Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Deluxe Mac N Cheese With Veggies
Serving Size: 1 (173 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 566.0
- Calories from Fat 203
- Total Fat 22.6 g
- Saturated Fat 13.6 g
- Cholesterol 66.2 mg
- Sodium 334.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 23.1 g