Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Simple and hearty, we vary the veggies by whatever we've got in the fridge.
Make and share this Deluxe Mac N Cheese With Veggies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb macaroni noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 3 -4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1⁄2 cup blanched broccoli
- 1⁄2 cup blanched cauliflower or 1⁄2 cup carrot, bite sized
- 1 teaspoon dried mustard
- 2 cups milk
- sea salt, to taste
- black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in large saute pan. Add onion, garlic, and a small pinch of sea salt. Saute for 3-4 minutes until onion is translucent.
- Add flour and dried mustard, stir until coated.
- Add milk. Whisk until flour is blended into the milk.
- Add cheese. Keep whisking until cheese is melted. Season to taste.
- Place macaroni in 13x9 inch glass baking pan.
- Pour cheese sauce over macaroni and mix gently.
- Add veggies and stir gently till evenly coated.
- Sprinkle with paprika and/or bread crumbs if desired.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until bubbling.