Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I had some leftover Ham from our 2011 Christmas Dinner,and needed a different way to serve it.O.k. I hear some of you saying " It's the same way to make M & C with ham. " .But I think some of the ingredients in the sauce might not be what you expect.So, give it a try and tell me what you think. Submitted to Food.com ( a.k.a. " ZAAR " )on January 2nd.2012.
- 1 1⁄4 cups cooked small shell pasta (or whatever small pasta you have on hand )
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3 ounces Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sweet paprika (can use regular )
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard (I think regular would work too)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chicken bouillon powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper (add extra if desired )
- 1 1⁄4 cups chopped cooked ham
- 1 cup peas
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (optional)
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees,and lightly grease or spray a 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
- In a medium saucepan ( I used the same one that was used to cook the pasta in,one less pan to wash ),melt margarine over medium heat and add onion.
- Cook onion until soft, then add flour and cook until flour is lightly browned.
- Add milk,and all seasonings stir until slightly thick.
- Reduce heat to low and add velveeta,stirring until cheese is melted.
- Remove from heat,add cooked pasta,ham and peas.
- Stir until all ingredients are well coated,if mixture seems to thick add a bit more milk.
- Pour into prepared baking dish and top with optional cheese,bake for 25 minutes or until bubbly.
Loved the ease of making this, it was so nice to have a good recipe to use up some of my leftover ham. Tastes wonderful!! Thanks Chef shapeweaver for posting your yummy recipe. Made for Cooking From The Pantry Challenge Game%u200F
Very good. Will make again.