1/3 Photos of Deluxe Mac & Cheese With Ham and Peas
Chef shapeweaver �'s Note:
I had some leftover Ham from our 2011 Christmas Dinner,and needed a different way to serve it.O.k. I hear some of you saying " It's the same way to make M & C with ham. " .But I think some of the ingredients in the sauce might not be what you expect.So, give it a try and tell me what you think. Submitted to Food.com ( a.k.a. " ZAAR " )on January 2nd.2012.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups cooked small shell pasta (or whatever small pasta you have on hand )
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3 ounces Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon sweet paprika (can use regular )
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard (I think regular would work too)
- 1/4 teaspoon chicken bouillon powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper (add extra if desired )
- 1 1/4 cups chopped cooked ham
- 1 cup peas
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (optional)
- 1Pre heat oven to 350 degrees,and lightly grease or spray a 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
- 2In a medium saucepan ( I used the same one that was used to cook the pasta in,one less pan to wash ),melt margarine over medium heat and add onion.
- 3Cook onion until soft, then add flour and cook until flour is lightly browned.
- 4Add milk,and all seasonings stir until slightly thick.
- 5Reduce heat to low and add velveeta,stirring until cheese is melted.
- 6Remove from heat,add cooked pasta,ham and peas.
- 7Stir until all ingredients are well coated,if mixture seems to thick add a bit more milk.
- 8Pour into prepared baking dish and top with optional cheese,bake for 25 minutes or until bubbly.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Deluxe Mac & Cheese With Ham and Peas
Serving Size: 1 (270 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 424.0
- Calories from Fat 221
- Total Fat 24.5 g
- Saturated Fat 13.4 g
- Cholesterol 92.1 mg
- Sodium 493.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 22.6 g