Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Beautiful addition to any picnic or when serving a crowd!
- 1 lb fresh spinach, torn
- 1 head lettuce, torn
- 6 large hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 1 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and sliced
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen English peas, thawed
- 1 cup mayonnaise or 1 cup salad dressing
- 1⁄2 cup commercial sour cream
- 1⁄4 ounce package buttermilk-mayonnaise dressing mix
- chopped parsley
- Layer first 6 ingredients in order listed in a large salad bowl.
- Combine salad dressing, sour cream, and dressing mix; mix well and over top of the vegetables, sealing to edge of the bowl.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.
- Cover tightly and refridgerate for several hours or overnight.
- Toss gently before serving.
- Serves 12-15.
Great Salad. Makes a very pretty dish. I can just picture it at my next pot luck or buffet lunch. I might add a few ground roasted pecans to the top just before I serve the next time. I love the pecan/spinach flavor.
I have always loved layered salads and this one is no exception. To make it a bit more _righteous_ I used turkey bacon and lowfat/nonfat ingredients where possible. This is a real-meal salad, nothing else needed. Thanks for sharing your recipe!