Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 min
Posted for ZWT II - France This is not your everyday Kir Royal
- 1 1⁄4 cups unsweetened frozen blackberries, thawed
- 4 tablespoons creme de cassis
- 1 (750 ml) bottle champagne, chilled
- Puree berries in processor. Press puree through sieve into small bowl; discard seeds.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon berry puree and 1 tablespoon creme de cassis into each of 4 Champagne flutes. Fill each flute with Champagne and serve.
I didn`t strain for the seeds are good for you so if you don`t mind a bit of seeds enjoy them. I use blackberry wine and this was yummy! Garnished with a fresh berry!
I had champagne, creme de cassis and our yard is overrun with blackberry bushes and I need a drink to celebrate the new Recipezaar site design so I made this. My blackberries were fresh, not frozen. And I did strain out the seeds. I tried it with the seeds and didn't like it at all. It's much better strained! I'm not a fan of champagne (which is why I looked for a drink that covers it up) but I do like blackberries. I liked this, didn't love it, but then again, I'm not inclined to like drinks like this in the first place. But I did have two of them. :) If you like Kir Royals, you'll really like it, definitely the freshest-tasting Kir Royal I've ever had.