Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
We stopped making hamburger helper when we found this recipe. It's easy to make and very cheesy.
- 1 lb hamburger meat
- 2 cups large macaroni (uncooked)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 slices cheese
- Fry hamburger, onion, and green pepper.
- cook macaroni per package directions.
- mix everything together in large casserole dish and top with sliced cheese.
- Bake 350 til cheese melts.
Very tasty and enjoyed by all. After reading the first reviewers comment I added a can of diced tomatoes and I chose to cover the casserole with foil. Thank You for a satisfying/family pleasing supper!
The casserole was too dry. It needs a little more liquids in it. My girls like the hamburger helper recipe better.