Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Not your typical green bean casserole - this one has some zip to it. This recipe is courtesy of my sister, Janet. Gets rave reviews from all!
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cut green beans, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (2 ounce) jar pimientos, drained
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- Place drained green beans in small (1 1/2 quart) casserole dish.
- Melt together mushrooms soup, cheese, pimentos and mustard.
- Add drained mushrooms.
- Pour over green beans.
- Top with sliced almonds.
- Bake 20 minutes at 350 degrees or until heated through.
Made this up for a pot luck dinner last weekend and I must say, this is the best green bean casserole I have ever tasted! (And I don't even like mushrooms!!!) It must be the pimientos and mustard that add the extra zip, but whatever it is...it sure is better than the old standard. Everyone loved it and I had an empty dish in nothing flat!