Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This wonderful salad is an adaptation of a recipe I think originated with Moosewood, or the Cabbagetown Cafe. That one was handed to me and I adapted it further, to this one.
- 1 dozen egg (I prefer fertile)
- 3⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄3 cup chopped scallion
- 1⁄3 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped raw almonds
- 3⁄4 lb cooked new potato, chopped,not peeled
- 1⁄2 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon dill weed
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons vegetable salt
- 1 teaspoon medium grind black pepper
- 1 teaspoon raw apple cider vinegar
- Put eggs into water to cover, bring to full boil, turn heat off and leave for 15 minutes.
- When timer goes off, run cold water over them til lukewarm.
- Cook the potatoes at the same time in another pan, just until fork tender.
- Drain and hold.
- Chop the almonds, celery, scallions and put into bowl large enough to hold all ingredients.
- Add the pickle relish and the Potatoes, now somewhat cooler.
- Peel and chop the eggs somewhat chunkily.
- If using processor, do a burst technique.
- Add the eggs to the salad ingredients.
- Mix the dressing, and combine with all the rest.
- Eat warm or cold, on bread or not.
Absolutely delightful! Thanks for a great recipe! We really enjoyed the flavors and unique texture of the potatoes and almods!
Loved this salad especially the addition of the nuts, and also like the potato egg combination. I have made this twice in the past week for 2 barbecues it proved very popular. I used Best Foods mayo.