Karyl Lee's Note:
This wonderful salad is an adaptation of a recipe I think originated with Moosewood, or the Cabbagetown Cafe. That one was handed to me and I adapted it further, to this one.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 dozen egg (I prefer fertile)
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup chopped scallion
- 1/3 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1/2 cup finely chopped raw almonds
- 3/4 lb cooked new potato, chopped,not peeled
- 1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon dill weed
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons vegetable salt
- 1 teaspoon medium grind black pepper
- 1 teaspoon raw apple cider vinegar
- 1Put eggs into water to cover, bring to full boil, turn heat off and leave for 15 minutes.
- 2When timer goes off, run cold water over them til lukewarm.
- 3Cook the potatoes at the same time in another pan, just until fork tender.
- 4Drain and hold.
- 5Chop the almonds, celery, scallions and put into bowl large enough to hold all ingredients.
- 6Add the pickle relish and the Potatoes, now somewhat cooler.
- 7Peel and chop the eggs somewhat chunkily.
- 8If using processor, do a burst technique.
- 9Add the eggs to the salad ingredients.
- 10Mix the dressing, and combine with all the rest.
- 11Eat warm or cold, on bread or not.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Deluxe Egg Salad
Serving Size: 1 (105 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 141.6
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 187.1 mg
- Sodium 551.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 7.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: