Recipe by Karyl Lee
This wonderful salad is an adaptation of a recipe I think originated with Moosewood, or the Cabbagetown Cafe. That one was handed to me and I adapted it further, to this one.
- 1 dozen egg (I prefer fertile)
- 3⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄3 cup chopped scallion
- 1⁄3 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped raw almonds
- 3⁄4 lb cooked new potato, chopped,not peeled
- 1⁄2 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon dill weed
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons vegetable salt
- 1 teaspoon medium grind black pepper
- 1 teaspoon raw apple cider vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Put eggs into water to cover, bring to full boil, turn heat off and leave for 15 minutes.
- When timer goes off, run cold water over them til lukewarm.
- Cook the potatoes at the same time in another pan, just until fork tender.
- Drain and hold.
- Chop the almonds, celery, scallions and put into bowl large enough to hold all ingredients.
- Add the pickle relish and the Potatoes, now somewhat cooler.
- Peel and chop the eggs somewhat chunkily.
- If using processor, do a burst technique.
- Add the eggs to the salad ingredients.
- Mix the dressing, and combine with all the rest.
- Eat warm or cold, on bread or not.