Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A holiday favorite! We've had this at almost every Christmas and Thanksgiving since I can remember...
- 2 lbs pearl onions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄4 cups cream (20% butterfat)
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated carrots
- Peel and cook onions. If frozen, defrost and heat through.
- Melt butter over low heat in heavy saucepan. Blend in flour and seasonings. Cook over low heat, stirring until mixture is smooth and bubbly. Remove from heat.
- Stir in cream. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil 1 minute.
- Stir in carrots, cook 3 more minutes.
- Pour over onions.