Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are the most delicious bars I have ever tasted!!! How many times have I been asked for the recipe? Too many to count! They almost taste like a scrumptious chocolate bar. TRY THESE...YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED! I will have to post a pic the next time I make them.Compliments of Taste of HOme
- 177.44 ml butter
- 354.88 ml sugar
- 3 eggs
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 314.66 ml flour
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 44.37 ml cocoa
- 2.46 ml salt
- 118.29 ml nuts
- 946.36 ml miniature marshmallows
- 314.66 ml chocolate chips
- 236.59 ml peanut butter
- 44.37 ml butter
- 473.18 ml Rice Krispies
- In a bowl cream the butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until fluffy.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Add to creamed mixture. Stir in nuts (optional).
- Spread in greased 15x10x1 inch pan. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes.
- Sprinkle marshmallows evenly over cake; return to oven for 2-3 minutes.
- Using a knife dipped in water, spread the marshmallows evenly over the cake. Cool.
- For topping combine chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter in a small saucepan.
- Cook over low heat stirring constantly until blended. Remove from heat and stir in rice krispies. Spread over bars. Chill. Makes 3 dozen
- DECADENT bars!
bit too sweet for me but everyone else liked these.I will make them again,popular with kids.Thanks
What decadent bars! Despite there being three layers, these are not hard to make at all. What is hard is waiting to finish making them so you can eat them. I made these and my 9 year old sons friend was visiting. He liked these so much, he asked me for the recipe. These make a huge pan full, but they will not last long. I had a little trouble getting the marshmallows to spread, but really once melted I do not think it is necessary to spread them at all, just put on the top layer. This is definitely a prize winning recipe, thanks for sharing it.
Although I have not made these before, I have tasted them. They are decadent and delicious!