Recipe by Chef mariajane
Another great recipe that everyone will enjoy, makes a wonderful treat for those Christmas trays.
Top Review by Cooking Mama 3
These were good and not to hard to make. The topping was a little bland so on the 2nd batch we added 1/4 cup powdered sugar to the peanut butter/choc. chip/rice crispy topping and it made a big difference. Thanks for sharing!
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 1⁄3 cups chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla; beat until fluffy.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and cocoa; add to creamed mixture. Stir in nuts, if desired.
- Spread in a greased jelly roll pan.
- Bake at 350F for 15-18 minutes.
- Sprinkle marshmallows evenly over cake; return to oven for 2-3 minutes. Using a knife dipped in water, spread melted marshmallows evenly over the cake. Cool.
- For the topping: Combine chocolate chips, butter and peanut butter n a small saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until melted and well blended. Remove from heat; stir in cereal. Spread over bars. Chill.