Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is one recipe I always take to potlucks, after seeing it in a magazine some years ago. They are dead easy to make and disappear so quickly!
- 177.44 ml butter or 177.44 ml margarine
- 354.88 ml sugar
- 3 eggs
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 314.66 ml all-purpose flour
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 44.37 ml baking cocoa powder
- 118.29 ml chopped nuts (optional)
- 946.36 ml miniature marshmallows
- 314.66 ml chocolate chips
- 44.37 ml butter or 44.37 ml margarine
- 236.59 ml peanut butter
- 473.18 ml crisp rice cereal (such as Rice Krispies)
- Cream butter and sugar together in a bowl.
- Add eggs and vanilla, beating until fluffy.
- Combine dry ingredients and add to creamed mixture, stiring in nuts, if desired.
- Spread in a greased jelly roll pan.
- Bake at 350 F for 15-18 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and sprinkle marshmallows evenly over the base.
- Return to the oven for 2-3 minutes.
- Then take a knife, dipped in warm water, and spread the melted marshmallows evenly.
- For topping, mix chocolate chips, butter and peanut butter in a small saucepan.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until melted and mixed.
- Remove from heat, stir in cereal, and spread over bars.
- Chill in fridge until cool and ready to cut.
I have this same recipe, and oh my goodness are they yummy! It's all my favorite junkfood in one dish. It's a brownie, topped w/ melted marshmellow, and then topped w/ what i call a peanut-butter crunch. It's to die for and extremely easy to make. If I'm lazy I'll just buy a store bought brownie mix, make to directions on box, and then follow the rest of this recipe. Yummy, Yummy!
These turned out very well and they were quick and easy to make. The topping was not a hard topping since there was a cup of peanut butter in it. So I kept them in the refrigerator until time to serve.
I found this recipe years ago in Taste of Home's Family Favorites 2002, and this recipe is a keeper. It satisfies just about every dessert craving all in one recipe. Thank you for posting this!