Prep 20 mins
Cook 18 mins
This is the yummies, gooeyist, chocolateyest, concoction I've ever tasted. Super good.
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 1⁄3 cups chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla; beat until fluffy. Combine flour, baking powder, salt and cocoa; add to creamed mixture.
- Stir in nuts if desired.
- Spread in a greased 15 inch by 10 inch by 1 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 15-18 minutes.
- Sprinkle marshmallows evenly over cake; return to oven for 2-3 minutes.
- Using a knife dipped in water, spread the melted marshmallows evenly over cake.
- For topping, combine chocolate chips, butter and peanut butter in a small saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until melted and well blended. Remove from heat; stir in cereal.
- Spread over bars. Chill.
I have made these delicious bars a number of times since discovering the recipe years ago in a collection of Taste of Home recipes. They are always well received, and kids especially love them.