Prep 30 mins
Cook 32 mins
Delicious and creamy.
- 3⁄4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 (3 ounce) package chocolate pudding mix (not instant)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 unsweetened chocolate square
- 24 ounces pkges. cream cheese, softened
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup sour cream (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar (optional)
- Mix crumbs, 1 tablespoon sugar, and the butter. Press into 9 inch springform pan to which sides have been greased. Press crumbs up sides of pan to within 1 inch from the top of pan.
- Combine pudding mix, 3/4 sugar, and the milk in a saucepan.
- Add chocolate. Cook and stir over medium heat until chocolate is melted and mixture comes to a full boil.
- Remove from heat, cover surface with wax paper and set aside.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy.
- Add egg yolks, beat well.
- Blend in vanilla, salt, and pudding.
- Beat egg whites, fold into cheese mixture. Pour into pan.
- Bake on lowest oven rack at 425 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Blend sour cream and confectioner's sugar; spread on hot cheese cake.
- Bake at 425 degrees another 2 minutes.