This is adapted from Ms. Child's salad. Good for a one-dish meal. You can also use turkey.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups cooked boneless skinless chicken or 6 cups cooked turkey, cut into 1 x 1 1/2 inches and 1/4 inch thick
- fresh ground white pepper
- 1 -2 tablespoon excellent light olive oil
- 2 -3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon finely cut tarragon leaves or 1/4 teaspoon fragrant dried tarragon
- 1 cup diced tender celery rib
- 1/2 cup minced scallions or 1/2 cup mild onion
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise, preferably homemade (or more)
- 1 head romaine lettuce, washed and dried
- 1In large mixing bowl, toss chicken or turkey with salt, pepper, and enough oil to coat the meat very lightly.
- 2Then toss with the lemon juice, and finally with the herbs, celery, onions, and optional walnuts.
- 3Add torn lettuce.
- 4Taste and correct seasoning.
- 5Let steep 10 minutes, tossing several times.
- 6Drain any accumulated liquid out of the salad, correct seasoning again; fold in just enough mayonnaise to" bind" the ingredients.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Deluxe Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 241.0
- Calories from Fat 168
- Total Fat 18.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 11.4 mg
- Sodium 352.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 3.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
boneless skinless chicken