Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is adapted from Ms. Child's salad. Good for a one-dish meal. You can also use turkey.
Make and share this Deluxe Chicken Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 6 cups cooked boneless skinless chicken or 6 cups cooked turkey, cut into 1 x 1 1/2 inches and 1/4 inch thick
- fresh ground white pepper
- 1 -2 tablespoon excellent light olive oil
- 2 -3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon finely cut tarragon leaves or 1⁄4 teaspoon fragrant dried tarragon
- 1 cup diced tender celery rib
- 1⁄2 cup minced scallions or 1⁄2 cup mild onion
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise, preferably homemade (or more)
- 1 head romaine lettuce, washed and dried
- In large mixing bowl, toss chicken or turkey with salt, pepper, and enough oil to coat the meat very lightly.
- Then toss with the lemon juice, and finally with the herbs, celery, onions, and optional walnuts.
- Add torn lettuce.
- Taste and correct seasoning.
- Let steep 10 minutes, tossing several times.
- Drain any accumulated liquid out of the salad, correct seasoning again; fold in just enough mayonnaise to" bind" the ingredients.