1/5 Photos of Deluxe Chicken or Turkey Salad (julia Child)
Taken from Julia Child's The Way to Cook. I think it would be delicious as a sandwich filling too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups skinless and boneless cooked chicken or 6 cups cooked turkey, cut into bite size pieces
- freshly ground white pepper
- 1 tablespoon light olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon finely cut tarragon leaves or 1/4 teaspoon fragrant dried tarragon
- 1 cup tender celery, diced
- 1/2 cup scallions or 1/2 cup mild onion, minced
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise, preferably homemade
- 1 head romaine lettuce, washed and dried
- 1Season the chicken or turkey in a large mixing bowl with the salt, pepper, and oil.
- 2Add lemon juice, herbs, celery, onions, romaine and optional walnuts- mix well.
- 3Taste and add more salt/pepper/lemon juice if required.
- 4Let mixture marinate for at least 10 minutes, tossing several times.
- 5Drain any accumulated liquid out of the salad, then fold in just enough mayonnaise to coat the ingredients.
- 6Garnish before serving, if desired.
- 7Note: Salad may be prepared a day in advance; cover and refrigerate.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Deluxe Chicken or Turkey Salad (julia Child)
Serving Size: 1 (238 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 420.9
- Calories from Fat 211
- Total Fat 23.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 174.8 mg
- Sodium 360.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 39.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: