Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a wonderful recipe that I received from a friend at work. Enjoy!
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour, plus
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese, divided
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine, divided
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Flatten chicken breasts between wax paper.
- Combine egg yolks and water.
- Combine 1/2 c flour, salt, pepper, paprika, bread crumbs and 3 T parmesan cheese.
- Dip the chicken in the egg mixture.
- Roll in the flour mixture.
- Brown the chicken in 2 T butter.
- Place the chicken in a shallow baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until juices run clear.
- To prepare the sauce: Melt 2 T butter in a saucepan.
- Stir in the flour.
- Slowly add the milk.
- Stir constantly until the sauce thickens.
- Add the worcestershire sauce, 1 T parmesan cheese and grated cheddar cheese.
- Stir until the cheese melts.
- Serve by pouring the sauce over the chicken breasts.
My husband and I decided to try something different for a change and are we ever glad we did. This recipe was to die for.
The chicken breasts were moist, crispy and tasty. The sauce I served on the side because I did not want to spoil the crispyness of the chicken. Two minor things I did different, after melting the butter and stirred in the flour I cooked that for 2 minutes before I added the milk, to get rid of the raw flour taste. And I added some grated nutmeg to the sauce at the end.
The breading was fabulous! The chicken was delicious and tender. The sauce got mixed reviews here, but the kids liked it a lot! Next time I will add some more seasonings to it. This is a yummy comfort food. Thanks!