1/1 Photo of Deluxe Chicken Breasts
Very good and easy to make. We serve this with 2 vegetables. Add some garlic powder and season salt to the creamy sauce for a good kick. Also, I butterfly each breast to evenly and quickly cook the chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1Preheat oven to 350F.
- 2On a sheet of waxed paper, combine the flour and bread crumbs.
- 3In a shallow bowl, whisk together egg whites and water.
- 4Dip chicken in egg white mixture, then dredge in bread crumb mixture, turning to coat.
- 5In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- 6Add chicken; cook, turning once, until browned, about 10 minutes.
- 7Place chicken in a shallow baking dish.
- 8Bake until cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- 9To prepare sauce, in a small saucepan over medium heat, melt margarine (or butter).
- 10Stir in flour until well combined.
- 11Slowly add milk stirring constantly.
- 12Cook, stirring, until thickened (about 8 to 10 minutes).
- 13Remove from heat; stir in 1/4 cup of cheddar.
- 14Place chicken breasts on serving plates.
- 15Drizzle with sauce and sprinkle with the remaining cheddar.
- 16Garnish with paprika and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Deluxe Chicken Breasts
Serving Size: 1 (254 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 435.5
- Calories from Fat 192
- Total Fat 21.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 91.8 mg
- Sodium 338.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 37.3 g