Recipe by Smilyn
Very good and easy to make. We serve this with 2 vegetables. Add some garlic powder and season salt to the creamy sauce for a good kick. Also, I butterfly each breast to evenly and quickly cook the chicken.
Top Review by JHella
This is my favorite recipe from Healthy Meals in Minutes, although they suggest using skim milk and low fat cheese on their recipe card, I have always used regular milk and cheese as stated here. Everyone I have made this for just loves it!
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, divided
- paprika (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- On a sheet of waxed paper, combine the flour and bread crumbs.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together egg whites and water.
- Dip chicken in egg white mixture, then dredge in bread crumb mixture, turning to coat.
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken; cook, turning once, until browned, about 10 minutes.
- Place chicken in a shallow baking dish.
- Bake until cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- To prepare sauce, in a small saucepan over medium heat, melt margarine (or butter).
- Stir in flour until well combined.
- Slowly add milk stirring constantly.
- Cook, stirring, until thickened (about 8 to 10 minutes).
- Remove from heat; stir in 1/4 cup of cheddar.
- Place chicken breasts on serving plates.
- Drizzle with sauce and sprinkle with the remaining cheddar.
- Garnish with paprika and serve immediately.